August 16, 2008

FREQUENTLY ASKED REFLEXOLOGY QUESTIONS

Which parts of the body do you work on?
Normally, in my regular sessions in my office, I work on an integrated system of feet, hands and outer ears as these all contain reflex maps that correspond to different parts of the body.
At events, I work on the feet (hands as an option)


How does it differ from foot massage?

All modalities and techniques given with the right intention and expertise are helpful. Reflexology differs from foot massage in that it uses specific touch techniques—thumb rolling, holding, finger rolling, etc on specific reflex areas on the hands, feet and outer ears, that correspond to different parts of the body. Therefore it’s like a body balance as well.

Is it better before or after working out?
Either one is fine, whatever suits you best
Done before, it helps relax, limber and stretch the joints before the exercise.
Done after gives you a great relaxation, ready for the day or evening.
I have wipes that I use on the feet of each person.

Can I have a session if I am pregnant?
Yes. But you must notify the Reflexologist that you are pregnant, or trying to get pregnant and they will adjust their session. Always consult with your medical practitioner first.

Should I mention any problems on the area that’s being worked on?
Yes, please. I will also ask you if you have any problems in that area.

If the Reflexologist is working too softly or too firmly should I speak up?
Yes, please! I will be checking in on you to see if it works for you. This should be an enjoyable relaxing experience, for those that want that. Some people are more sensitive than others and require a lighter touch. Others like it firmer and like to feel like I’m working on the areas that need it.
You can help by letting me know as we go along if there are any tender areas and whether you want me to ease up on that area or spend extra time there. You are in control!

Is it safe and clean?
Yes, I use hand sanitizer, between each person, paper towels, and clean the feet with wipes before the session.
With my training and your input, together reflexology is a safe, effective tool that feels sooooooooooo good!

What training do you have?
I am trained and certified with the American Academy of Reflexology right here in LA!
By the way, if you are interested in learning reflexology, they have a wonderful 2 weekend beginning training on the hands, feet and ears. They are well recommended.

American Academy of Reflexology

http://www.yourholistichealthcare.com

No comments: