August 28, 2008

Part 1: What Happens in a Hypnotherapy Session?



What happens in a hypnotherapy session?
Hypnosis/Hypnotherapy introduction process

I’ve first talked to you by phone or in person to see what you are coming in for and we have already talked about price, time etc.

When you arrive at my office I welcome you and give you some paperwork to fill out which basically consists of an intake form with your contact information and a few questions to help me know you a little better.

We sit together to talk a little more in depth about what you want , what you expect out of the session, your goals, and anything that you think is stopping you from reaching them.
I’ll ask you if you have experienced hypnosis before and how it was for you. I might ask you for words that you like or that you respond well to.
If necessary I’ll give you a brief synopsis about how hypnosis works and how it can help you..
And I might ask you how nutrition and exercise are managed in your life.

Then we will go through a short easy exercise to see how your suggestibility is today (it can change)
This might be having you imagine in your mind’s eye an object like a balloon rising and seeing how you respond to it. Something very simple with no right or wrong response.

See next blog for Part 2 of What happens in a hypnotherapy session?

http://www.yourholistichealthcare.com

No comments: